There are so many Sacramento NCMA chapter members doing great things for the contracting community. Help the local chapter by nominating members for awards. All nominations must be submitted to the VP Education and Awards Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The W. Gregor Macfarlan Excellence in Contract Management Research and Writing Program Nomination Due January 15
Submissions are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Best practices;
- Ethics and integrity;
- Workforce issues;
- Performance-based acquisition, particularly performance metrics;
- Contract performance incentives;
- Inter-agency contracting (public contracting);
- E-commerce, e-procurement, technology-enabled contract management;
- Outsourcing and privatization; and
- Innovative practices.
- All papers must be received by 11:59 PM eastern time, on January 15, to be considered.
- Papers must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Each submission will be acknowledged by e-mail; if acknowledgment is not received within seven days, contact NCMA.
- Papers must have been written within the past two years and must incorporate the latest legislative and regulatory updates.
- Papers must be submitted in Microsoft Word format. Winning and honorable mention submissions will be edited and designed for publication.
- Papers should be no longer than 6,000 words exclusive of endnotes.
- Submissions must indicate which category the paper is being submitted for: graduate research, professional research, and undergraduate writing. Individual papers may be submitted for consideration in only one of these categories.
- Submissions must include author information, including authors’ names, affiliations, a brief biographical paragraph, and contact information (mailing address, phone number, and e-mail).
- Authors will be notified of acceptance in the spring.
- Authors of winning and honorable mention submissions may be required to complete and sign a publication copyright form.
Certification Support Award Nomination Due January 31
Any organization that has gone above and beyond to support employees in obtaining an NCMA certification.
Best Contract Management Magazine Article Nomination Due February 15
All NCMA members who have submitted and published an article or articles in Contract Management magazine during the calendar year are eligible to receive this award.
Innovation in Contracting Award: Nomination Due March 1
NCMA members and nonmembers are eligible for this award.
Contract Management Education Award: Nomination Due April 1
Any college or university that provides an undergraduate degree program, graduate degree program, or graduate level certificate program in contract management, acquisition, or procurement.
Elmer B Staats Contracting Professional Excellence: Nomination Due April 27
- Have made a noteworthy contribution to contracting operations or policy within 24months of the due date for nominations
- Have not less than 5 and not more than10 years of civil or military service as contracting officer, contract specialist, procurement analyst or purchasing agent(1102 series) or related military specialty
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Higher level academic degree
- Demonstrate personal and professional growth
NCMA Advancing Professionals Award: Nomination Due June 1
- The nominee will come from the contract management profession and must be under the age of 40 as of June 1 of the current year.
- Self-nominations are allowed (see nomination package).
- Nominees do not have to be a current NCMA member.
- Selectees must authorize NCMA to use their name, address (city and state) and/or photograph, any taped appearance or interview, in perpetuity, in connection with this award in any media now known or hereafter developed without compensation.
- Previous winners of this award are not eligible for this award in future years.
- NCMA staff, NCMA National Officers and the members of the Board of Directors and award selection team are not eligible for this award.
Chapter Excellence Point Form: Nomination Due July 31
Chapters with completed Chapter Annual Reports on file for the 2015-2016 Program Year are eligible.
Outstanding Chapter Volunteer Award: Nomination Due July 31
- Must be a current member of NCMA
- Chapter presidents of the current program year are not eligible
- Did not receive compensation for service
Fellow Award: Nomination Due December 1
Applies to all NCMA members.
Outstanding Fellow Award: Nomination Due December 1
Applies to all NCMA Fellows who are current members of NCMA.
Lifetime Achievement Award: Nomination Due December 15
- Worked in the contract management profession a minimum of twenty (20) years
- Previous award winners are not eligible
- Current NCMA National Board members are not eligible
- May be NCMA members or nonmembers