What are webinars, and how do they work?
NCMA’s webinars are live, 90-minute online educational events combining real-time presentation with telephone conferencing. Each month, NCMA presents timely topics drawn from both the government and commercial contracting arenas, given by subject-matter experts. Instructors use prepared presentation slides that are available for viewing during the live session. The typical format of the program includes 60 minutes of instructor(s) presentation, followed by a 30-minute Q&A period. To access the live session, you will need a touch-tone phone, preferably with speakerphone accessibility, and a computer with internet connectivity; VOIP is not available for this event.
Event Time: Live sessions are held online from noon to 1:30 pm Eastern on a designated workday.
CPEs: Participants earn 1.5 continuing professional education (CPE) hours.
Fees: For one low fee per seminar, there is no limit to the number of people that can listen and participate at each site. Seminar prices are $189 per site. A site is defined a single phone line and Internet connection.
Registration: Online registration is available for all listed webinars. Click on the title of the webinar you wish to attend for instructions. Each registered site is provided with login instructions and access codes to allow entrance to the webinar website. Registration closes two hours prior to the event start time.
For those unable to participate in live webinars, Webinars on Demand (WOD) are available for purchase. These are recorded webinars converted into Windows Media Audio/Video file format. They include the presentation materials and certificate of attendance as PDF documents, and offer a convenient learning opportunity. These WODs are available to you at discounted prices
For information on how pre-recorded webinars (Webinars on Demand) and a complete list of topics please visit the NCMA National page by clicking the Webinars on Demand link below:
Whether you are new to the field of contract management or an experienced professional, our one-day educational seminars can help you enhance your career development and your organization’s performance.
- Timely and Relevant— Receive in-depth information on the latest issues and trends in contract management. Earn continuing education hours for certification/recertification.
- Informative—Learn from subject matter experts directly, ask questions, and review case studies and best practices. Receive a full-length, contemporary textbook and comprehensive workbook with each seminar.
- Convenient—Designed to fit your busy schedule, these one-day, intense training seminars are offered in a variety of locations.
- Cost-effective—Minimum travel and accommodations required. Reasonably priced by the affiliated chapter and significantly less expensive than other one-day training seminars.
Earn 7 continuing education hours by attending just one full-day seminar!
There are a variety of seminars to choose from:
- 100 Worst Mistakes in Government Contracting*
- Contract Negotiations
- Contract Types
- Cost Estimating and Contract Pricing
- NEW! Developing Winning Proposals – Proposal Preparation Tips and Techniques
- Performance-Based Acquisition
- Risk Management for Complex U.S. Government Contracts and Projects*
- Solicitations, Bids, Proposals, and Source Selection
- The COR Member of the Acquisition Team: The Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) Guide to Performance and Quality
Items marked with an asterisk have been presented by the Sacramento Gold Rush Chapter since 2011.